Once upon a time, it was a small village, which was on bank of river and there lived a poor-lazy farmer, who was unknown how old was he. Although he was lazy, he was friendly man. He, who was called Apang Alui, had a wife and a son, whose name was Alui. They were a happy family. Apang Alui could be known easily as a idiocy-man, which is his characteristic in every story, and he could be a famous because of it. Continue reading
Sejiram, which is located about 617 kilometers Northeast from Pontianak (the capital of West Kalimantan) and 119 kilometers from Putussibau (the capital of Kapuas Hulu Regency), is the capital of Seberuang Subdistrict where the site of Gereja Katolik Santo Fidelis Sejiram located. The local citizens consist of some Dayaknese such as Dayak Seberuang, Dayak Suaid and Dayak Kantu. The history of the church can be simply described based on the datas in Parish of Saint Fidelis Sejiram.
It was in 1892, on the bank of sungai (river) Seberuang, P. H. Looymans, SJ, who then became the first missioner for the Dayaks in Kapuas Hulu, and some people, who are the local citizens, built a church, which was simply made from some woods as its base. Then, it was named and called the Catholic Church of Saint Fidelis Sejiram. But few years later, the church had been fired. It was known that the church had been renovated for two times since it had been built. Now, the existentce of the church has become the oldest church building in Kapuas Hulu Regency and the Christian’s pride building in Sejiram.